Zojirushi Micom 3-Cup Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer

This little guy is so cute! Thanks to my dad for this Christmas present.  I named him Boombox since it looks like one. I actually already have a rice cooker that can make up to 10 cups of rice.  But seriously, I usually make only for 1 or 2 people and that big rice cooker that I have is just not convenient or efficient at all for everyday use.  Since I would have to wash more and make more than I need with the big one.  This Zojirushi can make just 1 cup of rice if that’s all I need. Unlike the big one, the least I can make is 3 cups of rice and it looks ridiculous. Also cleaning is a breeze for anything tiny.  So if you’re cooking for yourself or 1 extra person, I say any 3 cup rice cooker is perfect.

IMAG1088

As for this specific model… I would have to say that I really like it and it performs very well.  I get perfect rice every time I use it.  But it is a little pricey especially in the Chinese supermarkets or stores.  I’ve seen it for over $180! I don’t think you need to pay more than $150 for this rice cooker.  I have a link below for the best deal I’ve found so far.  You can also read more about it there.

IMAG1089

Yay to fluffy rice…


IMAG0893

 

This specific model has a setting for baking a cake.  haha yes, I thought that was funny and of course… I was curious enough to experiment.  If you’re interested in the recipe, check it out here: Rice Cooker Sponge Cake Recipe


More information here:

Comments

Popular Posts